Monday, February 4, 2008

My Feelings About Oue On-Line Course

This class has kept me busy, to say the least. Now, I know that every class that I have signed up for at GVSU is time consucming, but this was seems to take up a majority of my time compared to others. I guess I see it as beneficial that I can do this class whenever fits in tomy acedemic and social status, which is a positive of taking an on-line course. I find this class very interesting, but I find it difficult to fully participate and get everything out of the class like I would in a regular classroom. The reason this is for em is because I need to have the directions spoken to me, and when it comes to computers I am usually a “step by step” person, so I get confused soemtimes with the lbs and assignements.
When it comes time for midterms I am a little worried. I m not sure exactly how it will be set up (mayb elike a lab, that would be nice). I’m worried I am not comprehending everything, but I an definitely trying my hardest that’s for sure! :) Lik I mentioned before, the timing is nice. I could make posts at the beginning of the week or the end of week, dependin on my schedule for the week. Me, I like to try to get it out of the way early on. (No offense Sean, not like I want to get done and over with) I just worry about not being able to complete it for some freak reason, like forgetting. If I could change this class I probably would’t make so many posts (again, no offense) just very time consuming. I understand you want us to talk about what we were assinged and that’s great but I always struggle with what ot write on my second post for a discussion. The labs I find very informative and not too borign to do, which is a plus. This blog is rather cool too, never would have made one otherwise.
As far as live lessons, I am a visual learner, which is why I think I find this class more difficult and taking most of my time, but this is definitely a good experience for me. I do not hate it by any means. It definitely helps me to manage my time and make sure I get things done. I get frusterated when I have a question and I can’t just walk up to the teacher to ask, and sometimes even when things are written out I do not understand, again I am a “step by step” girl. This is my first on-line coure, and I would definitely consider taking another one. I have 18 credits this semester, which makes this class more difficult for me. Other classes that could be on-line could be my psychology courses They are a lot of powerpoints, which would esily be done on-line and even exams and papers and reflections. I still find it hard to picture a lot of classes to be set up the way ED205 is. I am sure over time so many courses will become available on-lilne, but it al depends on the course and the workload involved and how teachers teach. It will be interestign to see where classes go as the years go on. I don’t think I would ever be able to take more than one on-line course in a semester, I feel like I would mess up and forget to make a post or do a lab, which would get me behind, and overall stresses me out! :)

No comments: